Американски палачинки | American pancakes

April 27, 2012

Ok, I admit, I was a bit late with cooking something on my own, so I did it few days after the Spring break... Anyway, it was just as delicious! I don't want to brag (yeah, right), but those were my best pancakes so far. American pancakes are my specialty, (in fact, they're one of the few things I like about America, along with Lana Del Rey and black & white movies) but it's the first time they've tured out to be so fluffy, round, with golden crust and honey flavor... My secret is I actually make those based on two different recipes, mixed into one! And since a friend of mine asked me for the recipe, here it is:



2 cups of flour
2 cups of milk
2 eggs
one even teaspoon of baking soda
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter
vanilla

Sift flour with baking soda in large bowl and add the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix them and do a well. Beat eggs separately with melted butter (it is best to be liquid so that it has no lumps later) and milk and pour slowly into the well under constant stirring with a wooden spoon until it becomes a homogeneous mixture. Heat a pan over moderate oven, smeared with a little oil and pour a small circle in the middle of the pan with about 1/3 of the mixture. The mixture should not cover the whole bottom. Spread one side with pan movements until it makes a small circle with a diameter of about 12 cm. Bake a few seconds (up to a minute) until bubbles appear on surface and then turn the pancake again for few seconds.

Spring Vacation To Do List ~

No comments :

Post a Comment