Unthinkable

May 16, 2012


Some people say it's a masterpiece. I call it the most simple photo I've ever made.
It's made on July 2010, I was at my village that day... Sitting on our brand new bench in the yard, which was facing the garden. I remember someone came and gave me a bouquet of little, dried field flowers in pretty purple color and I placed them on the bench. Then suddenly felt somehow inspired by such a small thing, set the black and white camera mode and captured the moment. It was the most simple thing. Now when I look at the photo, in my mind it always looks like it tells a story of a boy waiting for a girl, who never came, so he just leaves the flowers for her and never comes back. It somehow represents loneliness and melancholy, but I still like it... I don't really remember what mood I was in, but I decided to name it after one of my favorite love songs - Alicia Keys's "Unthinkable".

"I was wondering maybe
Could I make you my baby
If we do the unthinkable would it make us look crazy
If you ask me I'm ready 
If you ask me I'm ready..."

No comments :

Post a Comment