"It's my birthday, I'll get high if I want to..."

November 16, 2012

Chapter I

So today I got 18. Finally. 18 is a synonym for "freedom". And it feels... strange. The strangest part so far is that it does feel different when you hit "The Big Age". The maturity. I don't know if staying late in the local bar, drinking Martini and planning on making a tattoo across the street is mature. I don't know if I'll get more mature in the future. But I'm surely keeping the child in me forever young. The wild girl, shaving her head and smoking a cigarette. I don't want to be mature. Who wants to? To be wild and a bit wise. Just enough. I want to be somewhere in between the fine line and the danger. 
But I'm really jumping on the life "roller coaster" now. It's about time. I have plans for the future, that I'm gonna be wise about. And if it doesn't works out... I'll be wild. I'm 18 now... It's allowed.

4 comments :

  1. That actually sounds like a brilliant plan. Don't forget that mature and old aren't the same thing, thus you can be mature without having to skip out on all the things young people do :)

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Choogie!

    You sound like me when I was almost your age. When the years go by, you will find out that nothing is what you imagined it to be, not even close. Nevertheless, the best advice is to enjoy every single day, no matter how hard, sad, dark or cold it is. Just remember - today, yesterday and tomorrow are parts of you, your life and how you live it. And every day happens just once.

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know that I should expect the unexpected and I don't know why we keep making plans, which will end up as something else, but I guess it's just human nature... Still I hope "the unexpected" will be good in the end. Thank you once again :) I really want to know who you are or at least where do you found my blog link from? Give me a hint sometimes!

      xxx

      Delete